Roleplay: Elegy City
Where the music is in your soul.May be found here. Characters arrive in the titular city via a mysterious train, which disappears once they have stepped off it. In Elegy, the music known as the Harmony is in your head - and it never stops. To make matters worse, the city is ruled by two gangs, House Madrigal and House Ostinato, both of which can use the Harmony as a weapon.Closed as of May 2011.
Tropes related to the setting:
- Back from the Dead: Siciliana
- City of Weirdos: Native Elegians usually don't pay much mind to either the Harmony or the Libretto. Some will express concern whenever a Libretto with dangerous tendencies shows up, but unusual eyes, hair styles and colours, wardrobe choices, and lack of vital signs go unnoticed.
- Dating Catwoman / Defecting for Love: Maestros Loure and Siciliana
- Fantastic Racism: Not quite as noticeable as some examples, but the city natives are generally wary of player-characters. They've even given the player-characters a name - Libretto.
- Kissing Under the Influence: A variant. While not drunk and/or drugged, this was the only way for characters to escape the mistletoe during December '09.
- Magic Music: The Harmony
- Masquerade Ball: The Summer Capella
- Mirror Universe: The "Mirror, Mirror" event in February 2010
- Musical Assassin: The Houses
- Schizo Tech: Cars are uncommon in Elegy, yet characters are given super-advanced PDA-like devices. On a more noticeable scale, the contrast between characters from vastly different time periods.
- Sliding Scale of Silliness Versus Seriousness: Tends to be on the serious side of the scale, with some lighthearted events to break up the drama.
- Left the Background Music On: Played for drama. If something sounds wrong with the Harmony, something has probably gone wrong within the city.
- The Starscream: Caesura. A rare case where The Starscream succeeded. Temporarily.
- Theme Naming: NPCs and non-Libretto buildings are given music-related names.
- Translator Microbes: The Tones
- Vice City: Ballad Town
- Zombie Apocalypse: Halloween 2010.
Tropes related to characters:
- Almighty Janitor: A subversion: Jade owns and operates his own small business, which he does earn a little respect for. Only a handful of people know about his usual day job, however.
- Crowning Moment of Heartwarming: Romeo and Juliet finding each other in Elegy and making the best of their situation.
- Drunken Song: Sniper's rendition of Auld Lang Syne during New Year's 2011.
- Odd Friendship: Many, including:
- Original Character: Original characters are allowed in this game.
- Seen It All: Most Libretto who have been in the city for a while will usually regard Harmony weirdness with apathy, or occasionally mild annoyance.
- Troll: There is a high concentration of Libretto who will post to the Chorus network just to provoke a reaction.
- The Woobie: Pre-Crusnik Cain. In spades.
- Applies to most. This game's Hope Estheim has a lot of tear-inducing moments in various threads.