Roleplay: Citta Alveare
"My name is Rima Hoervich, and I, along with my coworkers, are conducting a little social experiment! And you’re a part of it! Exciting, right?"Citta Alveare is a panfandom role playing environment set in a large city that cannot be found on a map. Citizens who are brought here will soon discover that they are to partake in a social experiment designed by a group of unknown scientists. Labeled as mere lab rats, these subjects are expected to participate in strange experiments so that they may be studied and influenced.It is the largest panfandom group roleplay on Tumblr, boasting an average of over 500 active members from over 200 different series, ranging from live-action TV shows and anime to video games and webcomics. It also allows for the inclusion of original characters.The original run of Citta Alveare lasted for about a year, from July of 2011 to June of 2012. It then went on hiatus until it was restarted in February of 2013 with some new info and rules. Related blogs include the masterlist, a separate roleplaying blog for the scientists, housing and character requests, and Cittavision, a television-like feed which provides information about weekly events in the city.
This Roleplay provides examples of:
- All Myths Are True
- Ancient Conspiracy: The Reckoning.
- Band of Brothers: Factions such as the Shepherds and Brotherhood.
- Big Fancy House: If you rank up high enough, your characters can earn one of these.
- The Black Death: Available for purchase in the Scientists' shop.
- Crossover Cosmology: Finally, your dreams of seeing Merlin and Achilles walk into a bar together has come true!
- Cult: There's one lurking about in Iota.
- Death Is Not Permanent: With the respawn system in place, when someone dies, they're revived the next day.
- Fanservice: Stripping dash trends.
- For Science!: The scientist's reason behind kidnapping people across dimensions.
- Hive City: Literally.
- Laser-Guided Amnesia: In most cases, when a character is picked up by someone other than the original player, they won't recall their previous stay in the city.
- Loads and Loads of Characters
- Non-Player Character: Semi-mindless residents of the city used to fill the space and assumedly do all the public works jobs that no one wants.
- Mood Whiplash: While the setting is oppressive and dark, it doesn't stop characters from enjoying themselves through parties or zany antics.
- Considering the roleplay style of the MFRP, a character can have multiple threads running. It's not impossible to have one light-hearted thread and another leaning heavily on the gruesome side.
- Rank Up: Character powers, abilities, magic, and weapons are limited through a rank-up system. Ranks and abilities are achieved over time or by completing certain tasks and participating in events.
- And All I Got Was This Lousy T-Shirt: Some events don't give out prizes, even if it DID put you through hell and back...
- Brought Down to Normal: When brought into the city, everyone is reduced to a basic level and regain any lost abilities and weapons through ranking up.
- Misery Builds Character: What some of the scientists likely pass off certain events as.
The specific tests provides examples of:
- Civil War: During Nightmare Knight's challenge.
- Big Blackout: An event that the Once-ler will never live down, apparently.
- Cue the Sun: In the conclusion of the Sunbather and Fantasia events.
- Deus ex Machina: Usually accompanying the conclusion to events.
- Dude, Where's My Reward?: Every event used to give out goodies to those who participated, but that changed somewhere along the way, and now events are more focused on character development rather than character advancement. Admittedly, any event participation counts toward achieving maximum rank in Citta...
- Cosmetic Award: ... Which of course means nothing if your character is already max rank.
- Enemy Without: The first test deals with the citizens forced to confront a shadow archetype of themselves that gleefully pointed out their faults and insecurities.
The characters provides examples of:
- Action Girl: A hefty amount of female characters in Citta qualify.
- Amusing Injuries: Courtesy of the Loser Squad.
- Bewarethe Nice Ones
- Rhymes on a Dime: Most notably the Clock and Sketchbook from Don't Hug Me I'm Scared. Also the Once-ler and Fukawa on occasion.
- Second Love: A few cases here and there.
- True Companions: A dark example would be Roman Torchwick and his crew.
- Unexpected Character: Whether they're from obscure series, relatively minor roles and or anthropomorphisms they tend to show up once in a while.
- Wild Card: The Umineko witches.