“Welcome to Hive City."
"My name is Rima Hoervich, and I, along with my coworkers, are conducting a little social experiment! And you’re a part of it! Exciting, right?"
Citta Alveare is a panfandom role playing environment set in a large city that cannot be found on a map. Citizens who are brought here will soon discover that they are to partake in a social experiment designed by a group of unknown scientists. Labeled as mere lab rats, these subjects are expected to participate in strange experiments so that they may be studied and influenced.
The roleplay went on hiatus for a year before it was restarted with some new info and rules.
It's second official event has started, centering around a powerful storm.
This game provides examples of:
- City of Adventure
- Crossover Ship: Considering it's a multi-fandom rp, it's to be expected.
- Death Is Cheap: Though there are some penalties involved, anyone can die and be brought back.
- For Science!: The scientist's reason behind kidnapping people across dimensions.
- Loads and Loads of Characters
- Mood Whiplash: While the setting is oppressive and dark, it doesn't stop characters from enjoying themselves through parties or zany antics.
- Considering the roleplay style of the MFRP, a character can have multiple threads running. It's not impossible to have one light-hearted thread and another leaning heavily on the gruesome side.
- Portmanteau Series Nickname: CA/Citta
The specific tests provides examples of:
- Enemy Without: The first test deals with the citizens forced to confront a shadow archetype of themselves that gleefully pointed out their faults and insecurities.
The characters provides examples of:
- The Woobie: Being forced from their home and into a strange, dangerous city, any character can become one.