"Actually, I do smoke marijuana. It's goooood stuff."
- Cargo Ship: Mako x Ocean.
- Magic Versus Science: Kaiba states that his goal is to be the victorious science to Yugi's magic.
- No Social Skills: The closest that Mako can get to asking someone to stay with him is lugging a harpoon at them.
- Ooh, Me Accent's Slipping: Although LittleKuriboh is usually spot on with the various American Accents most of the cast possess, there is a very obvious slip up in this episode where Yugi becomes temporarily British. It's so obvious that it gets its own Call Back in a later episode.
- Paper-Thin Disguise: Mokaba makes a valiant attempt at hiding his identity from Yugi and the gang using a ski hat and a bandana that only half covers his face. No one is fooled.
- Walking Shirtless Scene: Mako, which Tea is extremely appreciative of.
- What Happened to the Mouse?: That kid in the pink shirt never does get his star chips returned to him, does he?