Recap: Welcome To Night Vale Ep 4 PTA Meeting
"The sun has grown so very, very old. How long cold, fading death? How long? Welcome to Night Vale."Last night's PTA meeting accidentally opens a rift in spacetime, and Night Vale faces the consequences. Plus, changes afoot at the Night Vale Daily Journal, controversy at Radon Canyon, and our annual high school football preview!
Tropes present in PTA Meeting include:
- Cowboy Bebop at His Computer: In-universe. Cecil reports that the PTA meeting was attacked by pteranodons which aren't dinosaurs as previously mentioned ó just winged reptiles that lived about 70 million years after pterodactyls
- Felony Misdemeanor: Michael Sandero lost his hand because of overdue library books.
- Genius Bruiser: Michael Sandero was struck by a sentient lightning bolt that gave him the strength of two Jeeps and the intelligence of a heavily concussed Rene Descartes.
- Gilded Cage: The abandoned mineshaft outside town where people's loved one are held has king-sized beds, free wifi, and HBO. Also torture cubicles.
- Hell Is That Noise: The screeching of the pteranodons.
- Also the strange staticky distortion caused by the hooded figure Cecil tries to interview.
- I Have Your Wife: The city council's secret police kidnap people's loved ones so they will vote "correctly" during seasonal elections.
- Long List:If you notice strange auras around any of the following objects in your house: blender, shower head, dog, husband, wife, table, chair, doorknob, baseboard, vacation souvenirs or photos, collectibles of any kind (especially those depicting or involving horses), DVDs (especially Cliffhanger, There's Something About Mary, and The Wire 4th season), and any bagged lettuce from California or Mexico, please, report to the Council for indefinite detention.
- Negative Space Wedgie: A time-space rift opened in the Main Street Recreation Center Auditorium unleashing a group of aggressive winged lizards.
- Scandalgate: "Pteranodon-Attack-Gate".
- The Voiceless: Cecil tries to interview one of the hooded figures with no success.
"Today's Proverb: What has four legs in the morning, two legs at noon, and three legs in the evening? I donít know, but I trapped it in my bedroom. Send help."