First Aired - 2/18/1990
The Simpsons go on vacation in a rickety RV — and end up lost in the woods when the RV goes over a cliff.
This episode contains examples of:
- Adult Fear:
- Homer looking for Bart after they both go over a waterfall.
- Also, Maggie is found by bears and taken to their cave.
- Because You Were Nice to Me: Pretty much why the bears babysat Maggie when they could have mauled her.
- Bigfoot, Sasquatch and Yeti: Homer gets mistaken for a bigfoot.
- Driven by Envy: The plot is started by the envy Homer feels upon seeing Flanders' RV.
- Exact Words / False Reassurance: When Cowboy Bob said Homer couldn't buy anything better than the rickety RV he was selling, he didn't mean it in a nice way.
- Special Guest: Albert Brooks as Cowboy Bob (credited as A. Brooks)
- Vacation Episode: Though just going camping in the woods is almost downplaying the trope compared to all the times the Simpsons will visit other states, countries, and continents Once a Season or more.
- Women Are Wiser: Marge and Lisa manage to competently build shelter in the wild, while Bart and Homer, being the experienced woodsman he is, spend the night frozen, mauled and starved.