Episode - 7G09\\
First Aired - 2/18/1990
The Simpsons go on vacation in a rickety RV -- and end up lost in the woods when the RV goes over a cliff.
!!This episode contains examples of:
* AdultFear: Homer desperately searching for Bart after they both go over a waterfall. Thankfully, Bart turns up safe and sound. Meanwhile, Maggie runs into some bears in the woods and she is mistaken for one of their cubs.
* AreWeThereYet: Between Bart and Homer when they're lost in the woods.
* BecauseYouWereNiceToMe: Pretty much why the bears babysat Maggie when they could have mauled her.
* BigfootSasquatchAndYeti: Homer gets mistaken for a bigfoot.
* DrivenByEnvy: The plot is started by the envy Homer feels upon seeing Flanders' RV.
* EarlyInstallmentWeirdness: This is the first episode in production order to feature Ned Flanders, who the creators seem to have envisaged at this point as having ElmuhFuddSyndwome; during his conversation with Homer about his new RV he noticeably has a slight lisp, and pronounces "credit" as "cwedit."
* ExactWords[=/=]FalseReassurance: When Cowboy Bob said Homer couldn't buy anything better than the rickety RV he was selling, he didn't mean it in a nice way.
* HorribleCampingTrip: Homer's new RV fall off a cliff, and after a string of disasters, he eventually ends up covered in mud and mistaken for Bigfoot. [[DoubleStandard On the other]] [[MachoDisasterExpedition hand]], Marge and Lisa (who were asked to just stay put while Bart and Homer searched for help) were able to clean up their camping site and turn it downright paradisiacal (and Maggie, who had been missing and taken by ''bears'', turned out to have been found by "kind" bears).
* MachoDisasterExpedition: Bart and Homer decide to venture into the woods to seek help and tell Marge and Lisa to stay put at camp. Their experience is torturous and embarrassing. Marge and Lisa, who have absolutely no knowledge of how to camp, manage to create a pretty pleasant experience for themselves (they even lampshade that it got much easier once they managed to clean up the campsite of all debris). Maggie also finds her own experience easy, courtesy of the bears.
* SpecialGuest: Creator/AlbertBrooks as Cowboy Bob (credited as A. Brooks).
* TheTalk: Discussed.
-->'''Lisa''': I heard a disgusting rumour on the schoolyard.
-->'''Marge''': Well, it's true, I'm afraid.
* VacationEpisode: Though just going camping in the woods is almost [[DownplayedTrope downplaying the trope]] compared to all the times the Simpsons will visit other states, countries, and continents OnceASeason or more.
* WomenAreWiser: Marge and Lisa manage to competently build shelter in the wild, while Bart and Homer, being the experienced woodsman he is, spend the night frozen, mauled and starved.