Recap: The Simpsons S 13 E 21 The Frying Game
After getting in trouble for killing a rare caterpillar, Homer and Marge are sentenced to community service where they must help an elderly woman in her home. When she ends up dead, Homer and Marge are charged with murder.
- Cavemen vs. Astronauts Debate:Lenny: If you ask me, Muhammad Ali in his prime was much better than anti-lock breaks.
Carl: What about Johnny Mathis versus Diet Pepsi?
Moe: Oh, I cannot listen to this again!
- Deus ex Machina: The whole thing turned out to be a reality show. There was no murder and Homer was never going to be executed.
- False Confession/Heroic Sacrifice: Homer claims to be solely responsible for the murder so that Marge can go free. Though he then asks her to do the same for him, thinking that would get them both off the hook.
- Last Minute Reprieve: Subverted. Just as they're about to execute Homer, the governor calls... to say that he hopes Homer is a squirmer.
- My Eyes Are Up Here: When Homer is talking to Carmen Electra.Carmen: Homer, my face is up here.
Homer: I've made my choice.
- Screw the Money, I Have Rules!: Chief Wiggum wouldn't take the necklace as a bribe. Because he could steal it later from the evidence storage.