Recap / The Simpsons S 13 E 20 Little Girl In The Big Ten
Lisa poses as a college student after befriending college girls who can pass for elementary school students because of their height. Meanwhile, a Chinese mosquito infects Bart and Bart must live in a plastic bubble.
- Art Shift: Several shots during the first act have shading in them, which stand out compared to the rest of the episode.
- Audible Sharpness: Done with the gym coach's pen.
- Broken Pedestal: Lisa after the college kids, Springfield Elementary kids and her parents find out for entering a college. It's eventually mended with the Springfield Elementary kids after Lisa uses Bart's bubble.
- Idea Bulb: One episode of Itchy and Scratchy features the titular characters as Amish. Itchy has an idea and a lit candle appears.
- Honor Before Reason / Alpha Bitch: Lisa's friends, when they discover she's not a college student, don't want anything to do with her for being an 8-year old even if they connected so well with her.
- Humiliation Conga: After being exposed as a kid in college, Lisa is scolded by her parents and taunted by the kids in Springfield Elementary.
- Jerkass: Milhouse. He followed Lisa and ruined her happiness simply because he was being a nosy brat. Then, even when Lisa did want to rejoin her old friends, he was one of the kids who turned her down even though her current situation was mostly his fault- something he's never called on.
- Lugash also qualifies for yelling at a little girl, calling her a "failure child".
- Kick the Dog: At first, Willie comforts Lisa but then goes in Jerk Ass mode by calling her "college girl".
- Older Than They Look: The college girls who believed Lisa to be one of them.
- Seamless Spontaneous Lie: As Lisa starts becoming friends with Tina and Carrie, they ask her what dorm she lives in. Lisa tells them she lives off-campus. So, they take her home, where they find Homer singing (or, trying to sing) "Tubthumping" and hurling a keg out a window.
- Something Something Leonard Bernstein: Homer tries to sing "Tubthumping" by Chumbawamba.
) I get knocked down, I get knocked down again! You're never gonna bring me down!
Homer: (singing) I take a whiskey drink, I take a chocolate drink, and when I have to pee, I use the kitchen sink! I sing the song that reminds of the urinating guy!