Recap / The Sarah Jane Adventures S 3 E 7 E 8 The Eternity Trap
Sarah Jane, Clyde, and Rani are invited by Professor Rivers of the PHAROS Institute to visit Ashen Hill Manor, a supposedly haunted house. Centuries ago, Lord James Marchwood employed an alchemist named Erasmus Darkening to replenish his fortunes. However, Darkening had a reputation for abducting people, who would never be seen again. One night Marchwood's two children disappeared, never to be seen again.
- Arbitrary Skepticism: Sarah Jane, even after all she's seen, insists that there's no truth in the stories of strange phenomena at the Manor.
- Large Ham: Erasmus Darkening: "ETERNITYYYY!!! I'VE LOST ETERNITYYYYYYYYYY!!!"
- Names to Run Away from Really Fast: Erasmus Darkening.
- Real After All: Throughout the show, Sarah Jane insists that there's no such thing as ghosts, and is shown that the "spooky" goings on are due to alien technology. Then the ghost of a departed inhabitant watches her drive away.
- Shout-Out: Clyde "ain't afraid of no ghosts."
- There's also a mention of Dracula.