Recap: The Aquabats! Super Show! S1 E4 "Laundry Day!"
Savoring the flavor of the good life!
MC Bat Commander: (carrying a tray full of donuts) Ricky, you're the hero. You get the first pick. Somewhere, at a local city dump...
Ricky Fitness: No thanks. In the name of fitness, I swore off sweets a long time ago.
MC Bat Commander: We all admire your willpower.
(everyone but Ricky digs in)
The Aquabats face down a group of Muck Monsters, who seem to shrug off any attack thrown at them. The day is saved when Ricky uses his hand sanitzer on the filthy beasts, destroying them. Unbeknownst to them, the creatures were created by the villainous Dr. Eva Mudlark, who now plots to avenge her creations.
With their uniforms covered in gunge, the team goes to see their old pal' Trusty Dusty the dry cleaner, but find only his replacement (actually Mudlark in disguise), who tells them he's moved away to become a Fish Whisperer. The new dry cleaner however treats them to fancy robes while they wait, as well as a coupon for free donuts next door.
The team immediately cash-in their coupon and excitedly dig in (aside from Ricky, who has sworn off sweets). Unfortunately, they over do it and return to the dry cleaner's bloated and lethargic. To make matters worse, Mudlark reveals her villainous intentions, bringing out her newest creation, a monster composed of washed clothing, including the uniforms of the team.
In no state to fight back, the team are captured and continuously whipped by the monster. Ricky attempts to destroy the monster with a sache of hand sanitizer, but being made of cleaned clothing, it only makes it stronger. Fortunately the team manages to defeat the clothing monster by feeding it Crash's Lucky Socks while Mudlark is on the phone.
With Mudlark defeated, the Aquabats discover Trusty Dusty tied up. Incredulous at the team for believing Mudlark's ruse ("I hate fish!"), he nonetheless thanks them for saving him, and offers to buy them donuts.The team promptly explodes into a pile of donuts.
- A Day in the Limelight: For Ricky. He defeats the Muck Monsters using his hand sanitizers, his dedication to healthy eating is given spotlight, and saves the team by feeding the monster Crash's Lucky socks.
- Balloon Belly: Part of Mudlark's plan involves the Aquabats gorging on donuts so they are too full and sluggish to fight back properly.
- Gainax Ending: After saving the day, Trusty Dusty offers to buy the team donuts. Clearly sickened by the idea of eating another bite, the team proceeds to explode into a pile of donuts.
- Hey, It's That Guy!: Dr. Eva Mudlark is played by Katherine Towne, who you may know as hot lesbian Sinead from But I'm a Cheerleader.
- Herr Doktor: Dr. Eva Mudlark.
- Hot Scientist: Dr. Eva Mudlark again. She has blonde hair, and wears glasses and short shorts.
- Muck Monster
- Mythology Gag: The Lil' Bat Cartoon is a possible shout-out to their song The Shark Fighter.
- Oh, Crap: In the Lil' Bat cartoon, when the shark who was laughing at him sees the kung-fu kick about to hit him in the face.
- Paper-Thin Disguise: Mudlark's disguise as the dry cleaner and the donut girl. Partly justified, in that the Aquabats had never met her prior to this.
- Weaksauce Weakness: Mudlarks' creations shrug off the Aquabats attempts to fight them without effort...and they are killed by Hand Sanitizer and [[spoilers: Crash's lucky socks]] respectively.