Recap / Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2003 SE 1 Tempus Fugit
Cody has finally managed to rebuild the Time Window to send the Turtles and Splinter back tot heir own time. Unfortunately, just as they enter the Time Window Viral returns as code trapped inside Serling. Taking control of Serling's systems, she forces him into the Time Window and starts to attack the Turtles by sending them to different times.First appearance of Khan and the Cyber Shredder
This episode provides examples of
- Bait-and-Switch Credits: This is the first episode of the Back to the Sewer season, but it starts with Fast Forward's opening instead.
- Bittersweet Ending: the Turtles finally get to return to the 21st century, but thanks to Viralís interference, Splinter is presumed dead.
We're home, but Master Splinter... father... he's
—and it's all my fault!
- Continuity Nod: Viral refers back to "Night of Sh'Okanabo" when the Turtles seemingly destroyed her with a decompiler beam.
- Dead Guy Junior: When Viral sends the Turtles back to the time of the dinosaurs, Mikey calls a horned dinosaur ĎZog the 2ndí
- Evil vs. Evil: When The Turtles are traveling through time they come across a battle between The Utrom Shredder, The Cyber Shredder, and The Tengu Shredder.
- Fish Out of Temporal Water: Viral and Serling get trapped in the 21st century
- Heroic Sacrifice: Master Splinter realizes that Viral is going to attack his sons in cyber-space, and dives in the way just as she fires Serling's beam cannon
- It's All My Fault: Don blames himself when Viral attacks his brothers and Master Splinter dives in the way to save them, scattering his data throughout the Internet.
- Killed Off for Real: Viral is taken over by the Cyber Shredder's data conduit—freeing him in the process.
- Next Sunday A.D.: Invoked. Viral refers to the time period with the three Shredders as "the not-so-distant future."
- The Only One Allowed to Defeat You: All three Shredders want the honor of killing the Turtles and are willing to fight each other just for that.
- Rearing Horse: When Viral sends the Turtles to the Dark Ages they are attacked by a knight on horseback, who's steed does this. Later, when Mikey replaces the knight as the horse's rider and confronts Viral, the horse does this twice more.
- Tempting Fate: Mikey expresses relief that, for once, he's not at the bottom of a group pile. Immediately afterwards, Serling falls on him.