Torbin Zixx warns the Turtles that an asteroid made of Dark Matter is on a collision course with Earth. The only way to stop it is to steal a Matter Transmitter from a base on one of Saturn's moons. While the Turtles don't exactly trust Zixx, they feel obligated to help him, for the sake of the planet.
This episode provides examples of
- Batman Gambit: Once again, Zixx enlists the Turtles' help by exploiting their heroic intentions
- Conveniently Cellmates: The Turtles in Zukko's prison cells
- Getting Crap Past the Radar: When Raph believes Zixx has sold them out to Zukko he says "I'm gonna' kick your miserably keister from here to Uranus!"
- Noodle Incident: A subversion occurs in this episode. Torbin Zixx mentions that he lost his spaceship because of an incident that happened to the Utrom ambassador's wife. When the Turtles look at him funny, he simply responds with "Look, was it my fault she was standing near the sushi bar?" It is a subversion because it turns out that he still had his ship and was lying.
- Shout-Out: When Mikey asks if they can't just plant a bomb in the Dark Matter asteroid he's referencing the plot of Armageddon
- Stolen MacGuffin Reveal: After Zixx disappears with the Matter Transmitter, Donnie reveals that he didn't trust Zixx and switched it out with the ship's coffee machine
- Teleporters and Transporters: The Matter Transmitter