Recap: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2003 S 4 E 7 A Wing And A Prayer
The Turtles meet Raptarr, an Avian who's been living on Earth to keep watch over his enemy and former friend, Mephos. When Mephos gains the upper hand, it's up to the Turtles to help Raptarr stop his dark plans.First appearance of Raptarr
This episode provides examples of
- Batman Cold Open
- Call Back: Raptarr reveals that the Avians were servants of the Y'lyntians, who the Turtles met in Season 3 episode "The Entity Below"
- Catch a Falling Star: Raptarr catches Mikey when he topples off the building top. Somewhat explained by the fact that Raptarr has wings to help him catch up to Mikey
- Crippling the Competition: Mephos, an Avian who was punished for crimes against his race by having the wings torn from his back and being forced to live as a human.
- Evil Former Friend: Mephos to Raptarr
- Feather Flechettes: Mephos' cybernetic wings allow him to pull this off.
- Hidden Elf Village: The Avian city
- Light Is Good/ Dark Is Evil: Raptarr (the good Avian) is blond with white wings. Mephos (the bad Avian) is black haired with black (metal) wings, and pale grey skin.
- Winged Humanoid: The Avians.