Recap / Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2003 S 2 E 8 Secret Origins Part 3
The Shredder has returned, and he is determined to stop the Utroms.
This episode provides examples of
- Early-Bird Cameo: "What A Croc" would reveal that's Leatherhead walking through the smoke past the soldiers.
- It's Personal: After the Turtles and Splinter help the Utroms escape:
You freaks have been little more than thorns in my side, but now, you have robbed me of my triumph! And for that, you shall pay with your lives!
- Late-Arrival Spoiler: The Shredder's true identity
- Mythology Gag: One of the Utroms is called 'Krang', and April pretends to be a television reporter for Channel 6 news, complete with a familiar-looking yellow jumpsuit.
- Oh, Crap!: The Turtles and Splinter's reactions to the truth about the Shredder.
- Put on a Bus: The Utroms offer Honeycutt sanctuary on their homeworld, so he leaves with them.
- Shout-Out: Mikey again references the Alien franchise in this episode
- Taking You with Me: After being robbed of his revenge, Shredder would rather die in the building's implosion with the Turtles and Splinter than let them escape.
- Time Bomb: Averted with the Shredder's implosion device
- We Will Meet Again: One of the Utrom's guardians says this to the Turtles before departing.
- Wham Episode/ The Reveal: The Shredder's true identity as an Utrom is finally revealed.
- Wham Shot: Shredder's armor opening up and revealing what's inside.