Recap / Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2003 S 2 E 7 Secret Origins Part 2
The Turtles and Master Splinter have become trapped in the Utroms' virtual reality program, and it's become all too real. Meanwhile, the situation is going from bad to worse outside.
This episode provides examples of
- Crazy-Prepared: The Utroms built a failsafe into their virtual reality equipment to deactivate it from the inside if the controls fail.
- Delaying Action: Leo and Don fight the Shredder so Raph can get an injured Mikey to safety
- Genre Savvy: The Turtles realize that the holographic version of Mortu would know what the real one does and thus can tell them how to get out of the VR program.
- Gone Horribly Wrong: Said by Mortu when the Turtles get trapped in the virtual reality program
- Gratuitous Japanese: The Shredder is addressed by a minion as "dono-sama", which is roughly translatable as 'lord'. Its a title that was used in feudal Japan, which the episode in a way took place in. But its still a bit out of place when you consider the rest was spoken in English.
- He's Back: The Shredder has returned.
- Improvised Weapon: The Turtles make themselves weapons out of bamboo canes.
- Off with His Head!: Discussed.
Leo: I finished you off myself.
Shredder: You merely separated my head from my body. A courtesy I will gladly extend to you all, for none of you are leaving here alive!
- Shout-Out: Don makes one to The Matrix when Leo alters the virtual reality world with his mind.
Don: Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you Neo-uh, I mean Leo.
- This Cannot Be!: The Turtle and Splinter's reaction to the Shredder's return.
- Your Mind Makes It Real/ Holodeck Malfunction: The Utrom virtual reality program becomes much less 'virtual' once Stockman's through with it...