Recap / Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2003 S 2 E 18 The Golden Puck
When Casey takes the Turtles to a hockey match, the Golden Puck trophy is stolen by a trio of Texan mercenaries. The Turtles join Casey on his ambitious quest to retrieve the puck.
This episode provides examples of:
- Brick Joke: Casey mentions apple pie at one point which catches Mikey's attention and makes him think there's some nearby. At the end of the episode, he mentions that he still didn't get any pie.
- Comically Missing the Point:
Casey: It's like stealing the Empire State Building or- or- or apple pie!
Mikey: They have apple pie here?
- Epic Fail: When the Turtles and Casey have to hide themselves in Arboost's hotel room, Casey's idea is to stick his hide in the little cabinet between beds, leaving the rest of his body exposed.
- Macguffin Title
- Going by the Matchbook: The turtles track down a trio of Texas mercenaries this way.
- Revenge: Mr Arboost steals the Golden Puck because the officials wouldn't let him have a Super Slam Hockey Team
- Shaped Like Itself:
Casey: That Golden Puck comes from the beginning of ice hockey and carries us forward to the future of... ice hockey!
- We Need a Distraction: Mikey pretends to be a housekeeping maid so his brothers can get Casey out of the hotel room unnoticed