Season 3, Episode 13:
GhostfacersWritten by Ben Edlund.Directed by Phil Sgriccia.Air Date: April 24, 2008.Harry and Ed, from "Hell House" (S01, E17), have formed their own team of ghost chasers and investigate a haunted house in Appleton, Wisconsin. While they're there, they run into Sam and Dean again.
Body countFor this episode = 1 human and 2 ghosts (one being the dead human).For the series so far = At least 247 humans (of which 3 were witches), 9 demons, 19 ghosts, 10 vampires, 6 changelings, 3 gods, 2 shapeshifters, 2 werewolves, 1 djinn, 1 rakshasa, 1 rawhead, 1 shtriga, 1 wendigo, and 1 zombie.
- A Day in the Limelight: For the Ghostfacers.
- Affectionate Parody: "Ghostfacers" is a parody of Ghost Hunters.
- Answers to the Name of God
- Breather Episode
- Bury Your Gays: Corbett.
- Cluster F-Bomb: The Ghostfacers show censors swearing, so of course everyone swears. Though Dean most of all.
- Continuity Nod: The deer's head shows up again.
- The Documentary
- God Test: To prove his divinity, Castiel breaks a piece of glass, and states that it is made whole again... except that it is not.Castiel: (looking upwards) Oh, come on!
- Gag Censor: The Ghostfacers skull logo.
- Mood Whiplash: When a dramatic moment cuts into the silly Ghostfacers logo.
- Mummies at the Dinner Table: Well, taxidermies, anyway.
- Offscreen Teleportation: Played for Laughs with Castiel's appearance before the Ghostfacers, who flee in panic only to find Castiel behind every door, looking increasingly annoyed.
- Pixellation: Dean flipping the bird.
- Reality Show/Show Within a Show
- Take That: To ghosthunting shows and a bit to reality TV in general, which was at the time enjoying a field day thanks to the writers' strike.
- The Smurfette Principle: Maggie.
- Stylistic Suck: The Ghostfacers pilot.
- Surrounded by Idiots: Castiel vs. the Ghostfacers.
- Visual Gag: The camera shows a framed picture of Captain Kirk during a Screen Shake, Star Trek being famous for its use of that trope.