Recap of Supernatural Season 3, Episode 12:
Jus In Bello
Written by Sera Gamble.
Directed by Philip Sgriccia.
Air Date: February 21, 2008.
Captured by FBI Agent Victor Henriksen in Monument, Colorado
, the Winchesters find themselves in a siege when the police station is surrounded by demons.
For this episode = 18 humans and at least 31 demons.
For the series so far = At least 241 humans (of which 3 were witches), 44 demons, 17 ghosts, 10 vampires, 6 changelings, 3 gods, 2 shapeshifters, 2 werewolves, 1 djinn, 1 rakshasa, 1 rawhead, 1 shtriga, 1 wendigo, and 1 zombie.
- A Death in the Limelight: This episode focuses heavily on Henriksen, revealing Hidden Depths, a little bit of Back Story and giving him Character Development. So, of course, he dies at the end.
- Back-to-Back Badasses: Dean and Henrikson
- Cassandra Truth: "You wouldn't believe us."
- Continuity Nod
- Crazy-Prepared: Sam and Dean have anti-possession tattoos.
- Crazy Survivalist: Henriksen (quite accurately) profiles the Winchester clan this way. However, he's wrong in his speculation that John might have been a white supremacist and child molester.
- Creepy Child: Lilith.
- Death Faked for You: Henriksen plans to call in Sam and Dean's death to get the FBI off their backs.
- Death Glare: From Sam, following the "I shot the sheriff" "But you didn't kill the deputy" exchange.
- Demonic Possession: Henriksen, Groves, and at least 31 other people.
- Downer Ending
- Everybody's Dead, Dave
- Fire-Forged Friends: The Winchester brothers and Henriksen become friends after defeating a small army of demons.
- Glad-to-Be-Alive Sex: The virgin secretary swears to have "so much sex" if she survives the demon invasion.
- Inspector Javert
- Miranda Rights: Recited when Dean and Sam are arrested.
- Not So Different: Henriksen and the Winchester brothers, especially Dean.
- Serial Spouse: Henriksen.
- Reality Ensues: Henriksen finally arrests the Winchesters and is ordered to fill out and file paperwork. From his face, he seems to have forgotten about that.
- Shout-Out: "I shot the sheriff!"—"But you didn't shoot the deputy."
- Sole Survivor: One demon manages to escape the mass exorcism. He tells Lilith that the Winchesters survived.
- Virgin Sacrifice: Ruby proposes a demon-killing spell that requires the death of a virgin.