Season 3, Episode 14:
Dean: I wanted to believe so badly that there was a way outta this. I mean I'm staring down the barrel at this thing. You know, Hell. For real, forever, and I just...
Dean: I'm scared, Sam. I'm really scared.Written by Jeremy Carver.Directed by Robert Singer.Air Date: May 1, 2008.Sam and Dean go to Milan, Ohio, where the residents are getting calls from their deceased loved ones. The situation intensifies when Dean gets a call from their father, who tells him he knows a way around Dean's contract with the demon.
Body countFor this episode = 2 humans and 1 crocotta.For the series so far = At least 250 humans (of which 3 were witches), 9 demons, 19 ghosts, 10 vampires, 6 changelings, 3 gods, 2 shapeshifters, 2 werewolves, 1 crocotta, 1 djinn, 1 rakshasa, 1 rawhead, 1 shtriga, 1 wendigo, 1 zombie.
- Batman Gambit: The crocotta's MO, especially in regards to Dean.
- Big Eater: Dean when talking to Sam about the case, and later at the phone companyDean: Yes well the main office mentioned that there would be a lunch.
- Blood from the Mouth: Stewie and the crocotta.
- Bond Villain Stupidity: It sure was nice of the crocotta to exposite for a while so that Sam could loosen his bonds.
- Caught with Your Pants Down: The phone tech is caught surfing the Internet for porn during working hours.
- Creepy Child: The crocotta impersonates someone's dead daughter.
- Diving Save: Sam saves a kid from being run over by a truck.
- Funny Background Event: When Dean says the line "It totally rocked my understanding of the word 'necrophilia'," a passing woman shoots him a look of disgust. He then checks her out as she passes.
- Gory Discretion Shot/White Shirt of Death: Blood splatters on the white phone of the suicide victim.
- Hope Spot: For part of the episode, it looks like there's a way out of Dean's deal...turns out it was all just a trick.
- Is It Something You Eat?:Dean: What is that, a sandwich?
- It Won't Turn Off: One of the crocotta's victims rips the telephone out of its socket and smashes it on the ground and it still keeps ringing.
- Lanie shuts off her computer only to have it turn back on.
- Let's You and Him Fight: The crocotta convinces Dean that a grieving father is the demon who owns his soul, and the father that Dean killed his daughter, and waits for one of them to kill the other.
- Madness Mantra: Come to me. Come to me. Come to me.
- Newhart Phonecall: A woman walks by as Dean is mentioning necrophilia on the phone with Sam.
- The widow of the first victim heard her husband talking to a woman and listened in, thinking he was having an affair, but all she could hear was her husband's voice.
- Phone Call from the Dead: The Monster of the Week lures its victims by faking phone calls (and other messages) from dead loved ones.
- Supernatural Phone: The brothers originally think that the calls are caused by a supernatural phone Edison tried to build.
- Together in Death: The crocotta invokes this to kill its victims.
- Wait Here: Sam asks this of Dean, and it works about as well as expected.
- Would Hurt a Child: The crocotta convinces Simon to play in traffic.