Recap: South Park S 1 E 13 Cartmans Mom Is A Dirty Slut
Cartman goes on a quest to find out who is real father is. Meanwhile, Stan, Kyle, and Kenny try to tape Cartman's weird behavior so they can send the video to America's Stupidest Home Videos and win $10,000.
This episode contains the following:
- Angst? What Angst?: When Stan's parents inform him and Kyle that Kenny was hit by a train that morning, neither of them (having witnessed his death themselves) feel remorse.Randy: Is there, uh, anything we can do for you, son?
Stan: (chipper) How 'bout some ice cream?
Kyle: (likewise) Yeah, with butterscotch.
Sharon: You bet, you poor dears.
- Censored Title: On a lot of cable and TV guides, this episode is retitled "Cartman's Mom" (with and without the ellipses). When Comedy Central originally announced the episode, they simply billed it "Cliffhanger".
- Comically Missing the Point: Although the Father's Day posters are all around the school and Cartman is clearly bothered, instead, Mr. Mackey just gives Stan, Kyle and Kenny a video camera to record his antics.
- Chef's song to Cartman after revealing that he isn't Cartman's dad ends up doing this.
- Crack Defeat: Stan and Kyle's video of Cartman's tea party loses the $10,000 grand prize to Grandpa Marsh's video of Kenny's go-kart ride and death on the train tracks.Stan: Oh my God, they videotaped killing Kenny!
Kyle: You bastards!
- Establishing Character Moment: Cartman's playing with dolls and using them to talk to him and boost his self esteem is established in this episode.
- Mr. Garrison's deep denial of his being gay is firmly established in this episode.
- Even Bad Men Love Their Mamas: Cartman gets angry when his mother is called a slut.
- Heroic BSOD: Cartman does into a depressive state when he can't afford the money for DNA testing for his father.
- Hidden Depths: Cartman is genuinely distressed over not having a dad. He also uses his dolls to boost his self esteem.
- Jerkass: Stan and Kyle. They took footage of Cartman having a tea party with his dolls and send it into America's Stupidest Home Videos to win $10,000.
- Pet the Dog: They then offer to let him use some of the money for DNA testing to find out who his dad is and when they get a runner up prize of $3,000, they let him use it.
- Pretty Fly for a White Guy: When Cartman thinks Chef is his dad, he acts like this. He stops once Chef says he isn't Cartman's dad.
- Really Gets Around: Mrs. Cartman has slept with every adult in the town except for Halfy.
- Wild Take: When Kenny's starts the go-kart and it suddenly takes off, his body separates into floating pieces for a spilt second.