Recap: One Piece Oceans Dream Arc
Short SummaryA filler arc set after the Davy Back Fight Arc. One night as the crew rest, a boy with a seahorse-shaped flute plays it near the ship. The next day the crew awaken with their memories of each other wiped out, except for Robin. It's up to her, who was the only one not affected, to get the crew's memories back and find out the cause of it.
Ocean's Dream Arc has the following tropes:
- The Anime of the Game: Based on a Playstation and Game Boy Advance game that was released at the time.
- Callback: The seahorse is doing all this so he can become a Millennium Dragon which viewers may remember from the Warship Island Arc.
- Characterization Marches On: The Straw Hats go back to their original characterizations when their memories are taken, with Sanji's flirtiness being less Flanderized, Chopper being much more shy, etc.
- Chased by Angry Natives: The Straw Hats at the end of the arc
- The Dog Was the Mastermind: The seahorse "flute" is sentient and the cause of the whole dilemma.
- Let's You and Him Fight: The second time Luffy and Zoro fight.
- Misblamed: The crew is blamed for the memory loss of the island after defeating the seahorse.