Season 1, Episode 11
Fruit of the Poisonous Tree
Making a wish comes with a price.
Sidney: I can grant your wish.
Emma finds herself enlisted by a dejected Sidney to help expose Regina Mills's corrupt dealings and Mary Margaret continues to secretly meet David in an attempt to figure out a way to fulfill their love while the back story of the Magic Mirror is revealed along with his encounter with Snow White's father, King Leopold, and a forbidden romance with the Queen that introduces divided loyalties.
- Be Careful What You Wish For
- Cool Old Guy: The King is probably one of the coolest guys in the show, temperament wise.
- Forgot About His Powers: For some reason, Emma's lie detecting skills completely fail where Sidney is concerned.
- Ironic Hell: It wouldn't be a genie story if this didnt happen to somebody. Doubly ironic in that the victim is the genie himself.
- The Mole
- Nice Guy: The King, again. Makes it all the worse that his last words were ones of cyniscm and regret.
- Punny Name: Sid is revealed to be the face in the magic mirror(s), because he's "Sidney Glass" or he i(s in de glass).
- Reptiles Are Abhorrent: Agraban vipers are some nasty snakes.