Recap: Once Upon A Time S 1 E 11 Fruitofthe Poisonous Tree
Season 1, Episode 11:
Fruit of the Poisonous Tree
Genie: Making a wish comes with a price.
Sidney: I can grant your wish.Emma finds herself enlisted by a dejected Sidney to help expose Regina Mills's corrupt dealings and Mary Margaret continues to secretly meet David in an attempt to figure out a way to fulfill their love. In the fairy tale land that was, the back story of the Magic Mirror is revealed along with his encounter with Snow White's father, King Leopold, and a forbidden romance with the Queen that introduces divided loyalties.
- Adaptional Villainy: The Genie from Aladdin who works with the Evil Queen to kill her husband as opposed to an unambiguous Big Good.
- Be Careful What You Wish For
- Cool Old Guy: The King is probably one of the coolest guys in the show, temperament wise.
- Composite Character: The Genie from Aladdin is combined with the Magic Mirror from Snow White.
- Forgot About His Powers: For some reason, Emma's lie detecting skills completely fail where Sidney is concerned.
- Ironic Hell: It wouldn't be a genie story if this didnt happen to somebody. Doubly ironic in that the victim is the genie himself.
- The Mole
- Nice Guy: The King, again. Makes it all the worse that his last words were ones of cynicism and regret.
- Punny Name: Sid is revealed to be the face in the magic mirror(s), because he's "Sidney Glass" or he i(s in de glass).
- Reptiles Are Abhorrent: Agraban vipers are some nasty snakes.