Film watched: Robot Holocaust
with film serial Radar Men from the Moon
Chapter 9: Battle in the Stratosphere
It was the first MST3K
episode (not counting the KTMA era) to feature a color film. It was also the last to feature a Commando Cody serial.
The MST3K presentation contains examples of:
- Cut Short: The Radar Men serial literally breaks halfway into the short, much to the annoyance of Joel and the 'Bots.
- Celebrity Resemblance: Joel constantly compares the mute character to Ted Nugent.
- Edited for Syndication: The version watched on MST3K removed a scene with a topless Valaria. Lampshaded by Dr. Erhardt.
- Mondegreen/Running Gag: Joel and the 'bots continually guess what the Big Bad's name is supposed to be and get it wrong until the ending narration.
- The Unintelligible: Joel and the 'bots find it very difficult to understand Valaria with her thick accent.
Valaria: Do you understand what you're saying?
Servo: Look, sister, I don't understand anything you've said for the last half-hour.
- We Are Experiencing Technical Difficulties: An image of the Mads with thought bubbles saying "Film broke!" appears right after the Radar Men serial breaks.