Recap / InkCity S3: Squid Ink Well
During Discord's little costume change trick
, one result seemed particularly
random. Instead of simply transforming Yakko Warner
into a crow like his costume, he outright vanished
— and was temporarily replaced by a strange, shapeshifting
crow named Azerune. For some reason, this completely freaked out the Mayor, who ordered it to stay out of sight and keep a low profile.
...This had mixed results... But once Discord was Depowered
, the crow-thing returned to wherever it came from, and Yakko arrived back from his 'vacation' with plenty of memories... and a videotape. All in all, it wasn't nearly the disaster the Mayor seemed to think
While working on his gallery of prophetic paintings, Six
knocks over his communicator, accidentally switching it on. As a result, others are able to see him adding a new drawing to the wall, one of the Ink Well... with several tentacles emerging from it. This sends the Mayor into a panic, and he races towards the fountain, even as Life Imitates Art
and three MASSIVE PINK TENTACLES erupt from the Well.
...And... just kind of flail about, thanks to their owner getting stuck. Oops
Despite her poor planning and awkward position, however, their owner cheerily chats with everyone who comes by to gawk, calling herself Squid and revealing she's been wanting to come for some time. Among other things. She seems to be aware of things she shouldn't be aware of
, and has very little concern about revealing something she shouldn't.
For instance, she points Bass
towards Six, claiming the little stitchpunk could give him answers... and almost tells Trevor
what the 'void-beings' are before being abruptly interrupted. She also gets into a short fight with Tengu Shredder
, provoking him into a fire-setting rampage across the City.
All of this happens in about ten minutes.
Needless to say, the Mayor is less than thrilled, and once she manages to get free, immediately forces her to go back through. Though she argues against this at first — she only just GOT here, and had SO much she wanted to do! — seeing the results of her little skirmish with the Shredder seems to sober her... or at least, she doesn't want to stick around to see if he comes back
. With a little help — and the fact she can change into Fun Size
— she's guided back through the Well...
...Leaving the Shredder to keep setting things on fire until he gets shot down by Mr. House's defense grid
. Unfortunately, the City continues to burn... at least, until Belldandy
emerges from the fountain and sings to summon a gentle rain.
This Event includes examples of:
- Accidental Misnaming: My Name is Not Doppit/Squidro/Alice/Squidward. Most of the conversation between Squid and Ren's red words.
- Angrish: The Mayor gets provoked into increasingly longer fits of this, the worst coming when he realizes Squid didn't have to get stuck at all.
- Big Damn Heroes: Starscream finds Three isolated from the others thanks to the fire and immediately kidnaps him. Unfortunately for Starscream, Optimus Prime arrives in the City and immediately learns of this. Hilarity Ensues.
- Breaking the Fourth Wall
- Brick Joke: Squid's abrupt retrival is thanks to something that was established in Labocanon several weeks prior: the fact that another character's avatar can transform into a Gomamon.
- Deus ex Machina: Belldandy's arrival was coincidental. Still, a literal goddess emerging from the well just in time to put out the fire was certainly good timing.
- Didn't Think This Through: Squid admits as much when it comes to her decision to come through the Ink Well.
- Exact Eavesdropping: Twilight Sparkle listens in on the Mayor's confrontation with Squid.
- Foreshadowing: "See ya soon."
- Heroic B.S.O.D.: Saft panics and suffers a traumatic Flashback upon seeing the City in flames. The Shredder's taunting and calling her a Dirty Coward sends her into a worse one afterward.
- I Have Many Names: Or rather, Squid has many names for the voice in Ren's head. And rattles through them, adding that they're all the fault of whom she's addressing.
- Incoming Ham: THREE MASSIVE TENTACLES erupting from the Well is a pretty big sign...
- Large Ham: Squid.
- Nice Hat: Squid has one in her humanoid form, along with Hidden Eyes.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero: In the space of ten minutes, Squid manages to provoke the Shredder into setting Ink City on fire.
- No Good Deed Goes Unpunished: Shiro helps combat the fires with her Swanna. Both get blasted for their troubles... then the Shredder pays them special attention by merging the duo together.
- No Sympathy: One is not happy that Six broke his 'No using the communicators' rule, even though it was purely accidental.
- Not Me This Time: One takes one look at the City's conflagration and immediately asks Nine what he's done.
- Pink Means Feminine
- Room Full of Crazy: Those who caught Six's accidental broadcast got a glimpse of his.
- Silk Hiding Steel: Swanna reveals herself as this when she becomes Shiro's Split Personality due to what Shredder did to them.
- A Squid Named Squid
- Thousand Origami Cranes: After seeing some that Souji folded, Ichigo decides to try this in hopes of healing the sick people in the City. A large number are destroyed by Shredder's flaming tantrum, but when Belldandy comes across her, she encourages her not to give up and joins her.
- Trickster: The Mayor identifies Squid as one, and that's part of why he's so upset by her entering the City.
- The Unreveal: Squid almost tells Trevor the truth about the 'void beings'. Almost.
- Yank the Dog's Chain: Ren actually starts to bond with Squid before she's jerked away.