Recap: Farscape S 04 E 13 Terra Firma
Season 4, Episode 13
The crew of Moya and the humans start to learn more about one another. As Crichton reconnects with the people in his life, he tries to encourage the people of Earth to unite in their efforts to master space travel and join the larger universe. Unfortunately, the American government is more concerned with learning the secrets of advanced alien technology for its own use, and Crichton's family are aware of just how much he's changed during his time in the Uncharted Territories.
Crichton's debate about whether or not to stay home or return to Moya reaches a head when Grayza's creature stows away on a transport pod, kills several people (including D.K. and his wife) and attacks the Crichton family during Christmas celebrations. The creature is killed, but Crichton realises he can't stay on Earth because he's still being hunted. Before the crew leaves, Crichton says a proper goodbye to his father and receives a gift from his sister: their mother's engagement ring, for him to give to... someone
This episode contains examples of:
- Dropped a Bridge on Him: Minor recurring character DK gets killed off with little fanfare.
- First Name Basis: John starts calling Jack by his first name over their argument on whether to share the technology with the world.
- Foreshadowing: Sikozu gets surprisingly upset when she is asked if she'd be willing to submit to some biological testing. "We're So Screwed" reveals that she's a bioloid, a fact that probably would have been discovered if she agreed to the tests.
- Heroic Sacrifice: Scorpius makes preparations to blow up the wormhole to Earth if Grayza tries to use it. Fortunately, this proves to be unnecessary.
- The Men in Black: Suited government agents are assigned to keep Moya's crew contained. One of them tries to convince Crichton to give the US exclusive access to his technology. Crichton asks the MIB if the suits come with the job or if he has to buy them himself.