Recap / Family Guy S 2 E 15 Dammit Janet
Original air date
: June 13, 2000
Lois wants some excitement in her life after putting Stewie in daycare ("Hugs and Kisses: The Good Kind"), so she gets a job as a stewardess at Peter's insistence (who wants her to take the job after being told that husbands of stewardesses get to fly anywhere in the world for free). Meanwhile, Stewie falls for a girl in daycare who's only after one thing: his cookies.
This episode contains examples of:
- Bait and Switch: When Peter is at the Clam, he tells the guys about how Lois wants a job, and he said he told her, "I got a job for ya, (points to crotch) right here!"... then clarifies: "See, the zipper's been broken for over a month. I gotta use a damn safety pin."
- In a cutaway, Peter visits Australia and repeatedly pokes a crocodile to wake up. When it finally does, you think the croc is going to attack Peter, but it just sits there. Suddenly, a koala flies from off-screen and lands on Peter's face.
- Fake-Out Opening: Stewie chasing a man on a train, wanting the other half of an amulet.
- Headphones Equal Isolation: Subverted. When Peter is throwing rocks at the house (to take down the Christmas decorations), he throws one through Meg's window, shattering her aquarium. When Meg notices, she merely turns her music up louder.
- Shout-Out: Gladys and Abner live next door to the Griffins.