June 6, 2000
When a plane crashes carrying hallucinogenic toads, a toad-licking epidemic spreads at James Woods High, and Peter (after he and Lois catch Meg with a wart, which she got from holding a hallucinogenic toad for the popular kids) decides to go undercover as a high schooler to catch any toad lickers — but ends up in too deep when he becomes friends with the popular kids and is asked out to the dance by Connie D'Amico, the school's most popular girl.
"Let's Go To The Hop" contains examples of (YMMV goes here):
- Abhorrent Admirer: Neil to Meg.
- Alpha Bitch: Connie D'Amico
- Bittersweet Ending
- Bratty Teenage Daughter: Meg
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Peter
- Never Found the Body: The police are too lazy to follow up on this, and take Lando to be dead.
- Only Sane Man: Brian and Lois.
- The Tape Knew You Would Say That: Peter leaves a tape recording of his voice to fool Lois while he's at the dance. At first it works, but then it starts to drift off-topic. When Lois sees the tape player, the recording asks Lois to flip to Side B is she hasn't yet figured it out.
- Visual Pun: Peter walks in on a detention session featuring "The Breakfast Club." Not the 1980s actors from the movie, actual breakfast mascots (like Tony the Tiger, the Trix Rabbit, etc) in detention re-enacting the scene where Bender tells the others about how his dad gave him cigarettes for Christmas.
Tony: You know what I got for Christmas? It was a banner freakin' year at the Tiger house. I got a carton of cigarettes. Old man grabbed me and said, "Ey, smoke up Tony, they're GRRRRREAT!" Bastard.
- Waxing Lyrical: The episode title comes from the chorus of "At the Hop" by Danny and the Juniors (1957).