Recap: Family Guy S 2 E 10 Running Mates
Airdate: April 11, 2000Peter runs against Lois for school board president after Peter's favorite science teacher is forced to take medication to level out his mood.
"Running Mates" contains examples of:
- Bait and SwitchPeter: I'm gonna stop you the only way I can...by killing you!'(raises an ax menacingly, then hammers down a campaign sign with it)Peter: ...in the race for school board president.
- Comically Missing the PointLois: Oh my God, he's wiping that species off the face of the Earth.Peter: No, Lois, the janitor will do that.
- Double Meaning Title: Peter and Lois are a husband and wife running against each other in a political race.
- Eats Babies: Peter's political slander of Lois includes saying she eats babies.
- The Fourth Wall Will Not Protect You: Stewie fires his raygun at the Studio Audience.
- Getting Crap Past the Radar: "Now get back in that classroom and teach your Fargin' ass off!"
- Hypocrite: After the first debate, Lois insists she had no choice but to humiliate Peter for her cause. After Peter's smear campaign against her, she is outraged he could be so cruel as to humiliate his own spouse for the sake of winning.
- However, this could be debated since Lois also says she didn't enjoy humiliating Peter, but Peter clearly did.
- Mistaken for Masturbating: Peter knocks on Chris's door when he hears thumping noises and moaning and walks in on Chris trying to break his paddle ball record. Subverted after Peter gives Chris some girlie magazines and leaves the room. He hears the thumping and moaning again — and it's not from Chris's paddle ball, as Peter has it in his hands.
- Mythology Gag: Stewie sings "I've Grown Accustomed to Her Face" a reference to Rex Harrison's performance in My Fair Lady, which was the inspiration Stewie's voice.
- The Stoic: Mr. Fargas, after getting on medication:Peter: Fargas, what happened to you? Somebody give you a fun-ectomy?
Fargas: No, they gave me these by order of the School Board. They said it evens me out. Sorry to fly off the handle.
- What Happened to the Mouse?: Lampshaded.Lois: You humiliated your own wife! And for what? To get that crazy Mr. Fargas back in the classroom?Peter: Who?