Peter, Joe, Quagmire, and Cleveland (back from his stay in Stoolbend, even though the official episode in which he returns will broadcast in May
) travel the world to find God so they can beg him not to screw with the outcome to football games.
Tropes associated with this episode include:
- Abusive Parent: Peter, as usual, but this time, exaggerated as he asked God Himself to use his powers to wipe Meg from existence and make everyone else forget about her.
- The Eeyore
- The Rainman: God is depicted as mildly autistic (he doesn't like people touching him) in the final act.
- Take That and Take That Me: God tells Peter and his friends that even Conway Twitty hates the Conway Twitty cutaways. It should be noted that those Conway Twitty segues aired on seasons six and seven note
- The cutaway of Peter planning the different characters appearing in his cutaways is also a joke on Family Guy and its cutaway humor. Peter notes that he will use the Camp Gay stereotypes all week is a jab at the show's (sometimes over)-reliance on gay jokes.
- When Peter and his friends head to India, thinking it's the holiest place on Earth, they are met with scenes of poverty and devastation, but the one thing that convinces them God doesn't exist in India is a theater advertising an Aziz Ansari show.
- Death abandoning his plan to kill Russell Brand in order to take Peter and his friends to see God.