Lucy meets Natsu and joins Fairy Tail. The main characters are introduced. They Curb-Stomp Battle
a Jerk Ass
imposter who tries to pull I Have You Now, My Pretty
on Lucy, and a Grand Theft Me
has the following tropes
- Actually, I Am Him: During the Bora fight, Natsu proclaims that he's Salamander (or rather the current holder of the nickname) to Bora, who was using the name for his own ends.
- Bar Brawl: The introduction of Fairy Tail in general.
- Chased by Angry Natives: Or rather, the military police.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: Natsu vs. Bora, with the latter getting his butt kicked.
- Did You Just Punch Out Cthulhu?: Romeo does this to Makarov when the latter refuses to send anyone after his father Macao.
- Disproportionate Retribution: When Natsu gets through the crowd to see if it is Salamander, only to find it was Bora, he simply walks away from the crowd. Bora's fangirls take offense and attack him.
- Establishing Character Moment: Makarov first appears stopping the aforementioned bar brawl just by showing up and then procdes to list off a large list of complaints the member's of Fairy Tail have gotten from the Magic Council... before burning up said complaints and saying that it doesn't matter what they think.
- Everything Is Better With Monkeys: Averted with the Vulcans.
- Grand Theft Me: The Vulcan that the trio fight is really Macao, who had gotten possessed by one of the creatures.
- I Lied: Bora on being a member of Fairy Tail, though Lucy suspects as much.
- Love Potion: Or spell in this case, as Bora uses illegal magic to make girls go giddy over him.
- Rescue Arc: Technically, the Macao section counts as one.