Recap: Eighth Doctor Adventures War Of The Daleks
"Well...if you thought you'd vaporised a planet, it must be a shock to discover it's still alive and well."The Doctor is repairing the TARDIS when it is drawn into the engines space ship which has picked up a pod. Thals are attracted by the pod, opening it to reveal Davros. However this sets off a homing beacon which draws the Daleks to the ship. They take Davros and the others back to Skaro, where the Daleks have yet another civil war.This is one of the most disliked Doctor Who novels due to the attempt to retcon all the Post-Genesis of the Daleks stories including the destruction of Skaro. Undergoes a lot of Fanon Discontinuity.
— Sam Jones
- Actually a Doombot: When the Dalek Prime is destroyed by a Dalek loyal to Davros, it is revealed to be a robot.
- Taking You with Me: Draconians fighting the Daleks do this by crashing their ship into a Dalek ship.
- Tricked Out Time: To prevent Skaro being destroyed the planet Antalin was terraformed to look like Skaro and Davros, thinking this was Skaro, accidentally destroyed it.
- Uncertain Doom: At the end Davros is apparently executed via matter dispersal by a Spider Dalek. It is left unclear whether it was loyal to him and actually transmatted him.
- You Killed My Father: Loran tries to get revenge on the Thals for this.