Daria and Trent search for the perfect gift for Jane's birthday — which ends up being pierced on Daria's navel, at Trent's request. Meanwhile, Quinn forces Helen to participate in a mother-daughter fashion show.
This episode provides examples of:
- Age-Inappropriate Dress: Helen in one scene is clad in a black mini skirt and a blue baby tee, Quinn picked them out.
- Disney Acid Sequence: Daria's fantasy about Trent.
- Love Makes You Stupid: Daria gets her naval pierced on a whim because Trent says she'd look hot.Jane: Don't you get it, Daria? You did something stupid for a guy. You may join the human race after all.
- Mythology Gag: Trent points out a go-go outfit in a store window and suggests Daria would look good in it. It's one of her outfits from the fantasy credits mashups.
- Noodle Incident: Trent can't set foot in a bookstore. Don't ask him why.