Daria has writer's block while trying to come up with a realistic story for English class.
This episode provides examples of:
- Babies Ever After: In Daria's story, Quinn had four kids from Jamie.
- Parents as People: Helen royally screws up trying to talk to Daria. When she tries to right things, she tells Daria that there's no instructions on how to be a parent, and she really is just trying to help.
- Shout-Out: Many of the drafts Daria wrote during the assignment turned into spoofs of other books.
- Tender Tears: Daria's story about the future of their family moved her to tears.
- Write What You Know: Most of Daria's first drafts turned out to be spoofs of books she had read. The final product is a Distant Future of the Morgendorffer Family.
- Write Who You Know: When Daria told Mr. O'Neill that she had already read all the books, he makes a special assignment for her, where she had write a short story and use friends or family as characters. Later he adds the condition of inserting a card game in the story.