Recap / Cowboy Bebop Session 24 "Hard Luck Woman"
Faye continues to look over the home movie in the hopes something will jog her memory. Ed claims to know a familiar location and the two redirect the Bebop toward Earth where Faye hopes to find answers. A brief stop in at a orphanage where Ed was raised also makes Ed question where she belongs.
- A Day in the Spotlight: This is pretty much Faye and Ed's episode. The final one in the latter's case.
- Accidental Misnaming: Appledelhi getting the name wrong of his assistant, MacIntire, much to the latter's increasing annoyance.
- Bittersweet Ending: Faye finds her home but there's nothing left of it. Likewise Ed decides to take Faye's advice and find a place where she belongs, with Ein deciding to tag along with her. Leaving Spike and Jet by their lonesome and silently eating their share of dinner that Jet made for them.
- Breaking the Fellowship: By the end of the episode, Faye, Ed, and Ein have all gone their own separate ways. Faye shows up for the finale however after coincidentally bumping into Julia.
- Breather Episode: Sort of. The stakes are all low, and the only action scene is more comedic than anything, but the ending is still pretty depressing. Even so, it's definitely light compared the following two episodes that end the series.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: Spike vs. Appledelhi, the latter who easily mops the floor with Spike.
- Riding into the Sunset: The last we see of Ed and Ein is running off to parts unknown toward the sunset.
- Parental Abandonment: Ed manages to find her birth father, but he absent minded once again leaves her behind.
- "Shaggy Dog" Story: After struggling so hard to remember her past, Faye finally regains her memory and where her home is. However when she reaches the location, there's nothing there for her to come home too. The only thing she can do is solemnly lay in the spot where her bedroom once stood.
- Ed spends most of the episode looking for her father (mostly by placing a seemingly high bounty on him so Spike and Jet would hunt him down), and they reunite and he asks her to come with him. Except moments later, another meteor lands and he completely forgets about Ed and jumps into his truck with his assistant to go track it down, leaving Ed behind. She decides to leave the Bebop to find her own place where she belongs.
- Shoo Out the Clowns: Ed and Ein leave the Bebop to search for their own place. A good thing too considering the events of the next two episodes.
- Shower of Angst: Faye showers as she struggles with the resurfacing memories of her past.
- You Can't Go Home Again: Faye finally finds her old home....but all that is left is ruins where it once stood.