Recap: Cowboy Bebop Session 23 Brain Scratch
A recent so-called spiritual cult calling themselves Scratch has gain prominence across the Solar System, promising to free people from their mortal body into the spiritual beings on the net. Naturally this leads to many disapperences and a bounty being put out on the leader, Dr. Londes. The Bebop crew are forced to get involved when Faye goes missing trying to track down the doctor herself.
- Contemplate Our Navels: Londes's speech at the end of the episode.
- Evil-Detecting Dog: Ein when Jet tries to find clue in the Scratch's internet.
- Fantastic Religious Weirdness
- Freudian Excuse: Londes reveals he started the cult as, since he can no long move and function in his real body, then everyone else should have the same body as he does.
- The Man Behind the Curtain: Throughout the episode, it was mentioned how elusive Londes was that even the police couldn't track him down. It's eventually revealed that he doesn't exist and is just a fabrication of a paralyzed and comatose hacker whose brainwave managed to hack the system and broadcast his messages.
- Old Media Are Evil: Londes tells Spike as such about how TV has dominated humankind and how they would follow anything it tells them. Spike however responses with a Shut Up, Hannibal!.
- Path of Inspiration: What Scratch supposed goal was suppose to be.
- She Cleans Up Nicely: Ed actually looks rather cute in a dress. Tis the only time she wears anything outside her normal attire.
- Shoo Out the Clowns: The first in the final episodes that means things are about to get serious. Big Shot, the show the crew watch for bounty updates, winds up abruptly cancelled.
- Villainous Breakdown: As Ed cuts Londes off from the internet, he starts begging that they leave him be.