- Berserk Button: Ubu will not allow anyone to stand before Ra's al Ghul or otherwise insult him in any way.
- Enemy Mine: Ra's al Ghul works with Batman, as the people who kidnapped Robin also took Talia, but it is revealed that it was all just a ruse to test Batman.
- GPS Evidence: Batman is able to figure out where Robin's kidnappers have taken him based on the photo of him they left behind as evidence of their action. He recognizes the unique knife type and rope-making technique to a very specific area of the world. Justified as this is a test of skill fabricated by Ra's Al Ghul to evaluate Batman's detective abilities.
- The Reveal: Ra's al Ghul was the kidnapper.
- Running Gag: Everything Ubu does something to Batman, he counts it at a strike. When he reaches strike three, Batman attacks him.
- Third-Person Person: When Ra's comments upon the destruction of the rainforests by the upper class for profit, and directly accuses Batman of such, Batman replies that Bruce Wayne donates millions to preserve it.