TG: the thing with time travel is
TG: you cant overthink it
TG: just roll with it and see what happens
TG: and above all try not to do anything retarded
— Dave Strider, Homestuck
Ten things you should never touch while time traveling.
2. Lightning bolts (this applies to normal traveling as well)
4. Your past self (you won't go blind, you'll just annihilate all matter in the universe instantly)
5. Hitler (I know it's tempting, but it always winds up worse than before)
6. A T-1000
7. The primordial soup from which all life originated (unless your touching the soup is what triggered life in the first place. This is really a judgment call, but if you're wrong, all life ceases to exist. No pressure.)
8. Professor Charles Xavier
9. Something you thought was a moth but turns out to actually be a butterfly. (Cause seriously, there is NOTHING worse than touching a butterfly when you're time traveling.)
10. Any of my stuff. (Cause I will hunt you down, Rip Hunter style.)
— Fanfic author M McGregor on LiveJournal, 2/7/09
There's no future in time travel.
Gosh, that takes me back... or forward. That's the trouble with time travel, you can never remember.
—The Fourth Doctor, Doctor Who, "The Androids of Tara"
I would not want to bet against the possibility of time travel. My opponent might have seen the future and know the answer.
— Stephen Hawking
"Most people think time is like a river that flows swift and sure in one direction. But I have seen the face of time, and I can tell you: they are wrong. Time is an ocean in a storm."
— The Prince, Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time
Time travel. It's a cornucopia of disturbing concepts.
— Ron Stoppable, "Kim Possible"
Wow, I can remember when all this was buildings...
I'm a time traveller. I point and laugh at archaeologists.
—The Tenth Doctor to archaeologist River Song, Doctor Who, "Silence in the Library"
Now, messing with yourself from a previous time travel jaunt is about the stupidest thing you can possibly do without a death ray and a bottle of tequila.
— Genius The Transgression source book
Why Is It That When The Subject Of Temporal Mechanics Is Broached Your Sparing Human Intellects Instantly Assume The Most Ingratiating Posture Of Surrender Imaginable
Kanaya Maryam, Homestuck
Causality is a tool, not a constraint.
Captain Holloway, Achron