Podcast / Throwin Chat
Throwin' Chat is an Australian
comedy podcast hosted by comedy legend, acclaimed actor, and musician, Darcy Rhodes
. And Geordie McGrath
also hosts. Essentially a talking podcast, with Seinfeldian Conversations
on a variety of topics, from Justin Bieber
, from Joe Dwyer
to Billy Joel
. Known for its irreverent wit, absurdity, and a very small but extraordinarily dedicated fanbase, which are known as the #ChatRatz. Has featured two-thirds of The Other Ones
on the show, both as guest hosts. It is currently in its 15th episode, and going strong. Recorded at the local community radio studio.
The hosting duo began as a Red Oni, Blue Oni
combination, but has grown into its own special form. Often features ridiculous Rant Comedy.
If you listen to it, there is no going back. Love it or hate it, the only thing you can't do is ignore it.
Actually, you totally can.
Throwin' Chat contains examples of:
- Camp Straight: Geordie especially applies. Everything he does is flamboyant and effeminate, even down to the way he showers, but it is reported that he is straight.
- Cloudcuckoolander: Both, but in an interesting way. They are comedy and pop culture based Cloudcuckoolanders, peppering the show with references and improvised jokes.
- Official Couple: Darcy and Geordie seem to be THE official couple of Triple Y Radio.
- Rule of Funny: The show often sacrifices any sort of continuity or even common sense for the sake of humour. The constant humorous spirals and improvised conversations are part of the reason it has such a dedicated fanbase.
- Running Gag: The show is built on these, the most obvious example being "My Wife!", which has become the screamed catchphrase of #ChatRatz everywhere.
- Seinfeldian Conversation: The basic set up of the show. The two hosts discuss an enormous variety of topics, letting their imagination take them anywhere. Even if it's not funny, in which case a guest host will often get them back on track.