Podcast: Moonhawk Studios Presents
Moonhawk Studios Presents is a entertainment focused podcast founded on April 15, 2009 by host Micheal C. Prokop AKA MacPaladin and co-host Adam Dayton AKA ShardShinjuku which is recorded live on TalkShoe every Wednesday night at 10:00 PM EST/7:00 PM PST. The Initial regular cast members also included Emerald Winter artist Jamie Jennings who was also the first interview done for the show and still makes the occasional guest appearance from time to time. There was also former color commentator Aurondarklord who was brought in to spice up the conversations but departed the show a year later. Also in that early time period longtime Moonhawk Studios collaborator and creator of Salient Caligation Kimberly Godwin and former Mysteries Of The Arcana artist Keith W. joined the cast as guest panel members.Moonhawk Studios Presents is a ninety minute podcast show designed to cover the business and creation of webcomics but has since expanded to include a wide variety of topics ranging from video games, music, print, visual mediums, other podcasts reviews, web video productions (such as Channel Awesome programming and Let's Play videos found on YouTube) and a host of other entertainment topics. In February 2011 the show saw another redesign with the addition of Naka Teleeli and ElementalOgre to the permanent cast and the formation of the Fragments of Silicon segment, in which Adam, Naka, and Ogre get together to talk about game topics for a half hour with Mac the other members should they choose. Also in February 2011 Keith W. was promoted to full time musical director, bringing live music into the equation.In June of 2012 it was announced that the show would be leaving the Talkshoe site due to numerous instances of technical difficulties hampering the production of the show. Starting with Season 7 the show will be simulcasted on Livestream (as well as archived there) and Naka's Twitch TV channel. The show has since returned to Talkshoe due to technical difficulties with Livestream. Midway through Season 7 it was announced that the podcast would switch over to Friday nights due to some shift in work schedules and also a sixth member of the team was added, former guest and Filthy Figments artist Tessa “Tea” Green temporarily joined the cast.As of season 9's debut on September of 2013, the show has split into two. On Wednesdays at 9:00 PM EST/6:00 PM PST is Fragments of Silicon, formerly a mere segment, which is devoted to video game related topics. Fragments of Silicon contains a guest interview followed by a discussion on a predetermined topic. On Fridays at 10:00 PM EST/7:00 PM PST is Moonhawk Studios Presents, where the cast talk about random things.The TalkShoe era archive can be found here.The Livestream broadcast channel can be found here.The Twitch TV Channel Overseen by Naka can be found here.The MSP Main page can be found here.The MSP Forum can be found here.
Tropes that apply to them
- Absentee Actor - Naka has been unable to attend many Season 6 and Season 7 episodes due to scheduling conflicts.
- Angrish - Mac is ultimate perpetrator. Everyone else can sink into this from time to time. Specific examples include Naka and Sonic Colors, also anytime Adam had to deal with Auron.
- Ascended Extra - Naka and Ogre were initially slated to be one shot guests but they were like well enough by the staff to make them into permanently recurring players.
- Berserk Button - Adam when IOS ports of classic games and in-app purchases are mentioned.
- By "No", I Mean "Yes": Mac frequently does this on the show. And by that, we mean, not really.
- Catchphrase- Naka - "On a scale of one to Japan" Mac - "You no likea da penis?"
- Channel Hop - From Talkshoe to Twitch TV and Live Stream and then back to Talkshoe
- Crossover - With LordKaT Live during and after the May 2, 2011 Episode
- Five-Man Band:
- Grammar Nazi - A frequently occurring motif on the program
- Grand Finale - The Season 6 Finale serves as this for the Talkshoe era of MSP.
- Let Us Never Speak of This Again - The Season 5 Finale
- Man of a Thousand Voices - The Whole Cast but mostly Keith; some goading required.
- Mathematician's Answer - "Mac, how is X going today?" Mac - "Yes"
- Missing Episode - Due to various technical failures certain episodes are either only available on Talkshoe or Livestream and not both and a few episodes are unavilable on either.
- Multiple-Choice Past - Keith is a repeat offender. A speculative movie deal about his life is repeatedly brought up by the cast.
- Once an Episode - Adam's mic accidentally getting muted.
- Mac's fart machine.
- Technical difficulties of any kind.
- Put on a Bus - Aurondarklord after the one year anniversary show.
- Running Gag - Rengeki Bonus, "Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room,"; "I can't deal with this right now!" "Hold the fucking phone."