Playing With: You Didn't Ask
: Character who knows important information and/or holds a Plot Coupon
doesn't reveal because they weren't asked for/about it.
- Straight: Hiro is collecting the Seven Orbs of Wonder, but can't find a key to the shrine where the Orb of Crimson Flame is held. Turns out his companion Ichigo's pendant opens the shrine. When he asks why she didn't tell him, she replies "You Didn't Ask."
- Downplayed: Ichigo had the pendant the whole time, but didn't know that it was so important, though everyone else would have if they knew she had it.
- Ichigo herself didn't realize her pendant's importance until they visited the shrine to search for clues.
- Ichigo was told not to reveal her pendant's secret to anyone, and didn't fully trust Hiro and the others until just now.
- Inverted: A lot of attention is put on Ichigo's pendant, but it actually doesn't have any special effects.
- Subverted: When they first meet, Hiro asks Ichigo about her pendant and all about the Orbs of Wonder.
- Double Subverted: However, he didn't specifically ask whether or not her pendant was the Crimson Orb of Flame...
- Parodied: On a New Game+, Hiro tries to claim the Orb of Crimson Flame immediately, but Ichigo doesn't understand why he wants her pendant so badly.
- Zig Zagged: ???
- The pendant is not the key and is never thought to be.
- No pendant exists and the key needs to be found.
- Enforced: If Hiro learned about the Orb too early, it would just fall into the hands of Emperor Evulz after he has his spy Morty steal all of the Orbs they'd collected.
- Lampshaded: "You wanted this pendant? You never asked for it."
- Invoked: Emperor Evulz realises the heroes are about to find out the location of the last Orb, so he ensures only Ichigo finds out, knowing that she will not tell Hiro unless asked.
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: Ichigo tells Hiro about the pendant's effects immediately, and constantly reminds him so he won't forget.
- Discussed: "Take this pendant! You're going to ask for it anyway."
- Conversed: "Ichigo is such a bully! She should have asked Hiro if he was looking for her pendant."
- Deconstructed: Hiro is furious about the omission and stops trusting Ichigo, grilling her relentlessly and refusing to believe that she's not concealing anything else important.
- Played For Laughs: Ichigo is clearly just as taken aback at her pendant's importance as everyone else, and tries to cover up her shock with an obvious lie.
- Played For Drama: Hiro and Ichigo get into a huge fight about her not telling him just because 'he didn't ask'.
- Untwisted: Ichigo tells Hiro about her pendant, but he forgets.
Of course I have the back button! Wait, you want to go back? You Didn't Ask