: Opposite powers combine For Massive Damage
- Straight: Emperor Evulz and Bob Solaris find their powers of Darkness and Light to be stronger combined.
- Exaggerated: They become one being capable of handling both elements without any drawbacks.
- Downplayed: ???
- Justified: The powers work on the basis of Elemental Rock-Paper-Scissors, so a Rock/Scissor combined attack will be powerful against anything.
- Inverted: Evulz and Solaris' powers cancel each other out.
- Subverted: Evulz and Solaris are forced into an Enemy Mine situation. They both use their powers at once, there's an almighty flash of light... and no other effect, except that they both now seem to be Depowered.
- Double Subverted: ...but they soon realise the effect of working together was to release the Sealed Good in a Can with The Power of Friendship. D'awww.
- Parodied: Aquaboy and Pyrogirl attempt to combine their powers.
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Averted: The powers don't work any differently together than separately.
- Enforced: The writers want An Aesop of the importance of working together.
- Lampshaded: On no! He can use light and darkness magic at the same time- run for your lives!
- Invoked: "We Can Rule Together! With your power over the Light and my power over the Dark we would be unstoppable..."
- Exploited: Emperor Evulz is using this power as a means to turn Bob to his side.
- Defied: Bob's black and white mentality refuses to ever accept that the two could be used together.
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
- Deconstructed: Due to Bad Powers, Bad People, putting together a matched Light/Dark team that is capable of working together - let alone agree on a common goal - is so difficult as to make the benefits not worth the effort.
- Reconstructed: When a super-powerful Outside-Context Villain shows up, they're able to beat it together, and they realise that it's appropriate that such great power is reserved for times when it's really necessary.
Back to Yin-Yang Bomb