- Alice, a great martial artist, almost always uses her finisher techniques Dragon Impact, Phoenix Tempest, and sometimes the Starlight Explosion, to deal with her foes.
- Alice, a powerful mage, always uses her trusty Fireball, Freeze Ray and Lighting Bolt, not much else, to fight the baddies and to solve miscellaneous problems.
- Exaggerated: Alice beats inter-dimensional overlords, wins political debates, fixes electronic equipment and educates her children by Dragon Impacting the hell out of everything.
- Downplayed: Alice improvises her techniques/spell with different variants to suit them to different situations better.
- Justified: Alice sticks with what she knows, because it's worked in the past.
- Alice uses a wide array of attacks, and might even be a Master of None.
- Alice uses a wide variety of attacks on the same target.
- Subverted: Alice busts out a never-before-seen attack...
- Double Subverted:
- ...to use as a distraction while she uses the same Finishing Move.
- the never before seen attack fails and so she was forced to use her usual techniques.
Bob: "This Magic Armor is rather costly."
- The heroes arrive at a local item shop, and this happens:
Alice: "Let me use my negotiation skills to get a discount!"
Bob: "What? I didn't know you had diplomatic abilities"
Alice: "Just watch and learn"
* Alice approaches the Shopkeeper and...*
Alice: "...DRAGON IMPACT!"
- Zig Zagged: Alice's Dragon Impact has several variants that depend on the angle at which the punch lands. In theory, it's the same technique. In practice, varying the angle can have a wildly different effect, so it functions like a different technique despite being the same old Megaton Punch. However, depending on how somebody blocks or receives the punch, the effect can go straight back to normal or change wildly because the angle was thrown off.
- Averted: Alice uses a fairly wide array of attacks, but nothing too extreme.
- Enforced: "Animation is expensive, people! Let's use as much stock footage as possible!"
- "Hey, I stick with what works!"
- When Alice is about to finish someone off, everyone shouts "DRAGON IMPACT!" along with her.
- Invoked: "Fear the one that has practiced 1 kick a thousand times, not the one that has used a thousand different kicks once."
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: Alice learns a new technique for a climactic battle.
- Discussed: "Let me guess...you're going to use your Magic Blast again. Yup, called it."
- Conversed: "Isn't Alice supposedly a powerful mage? How come she only uses the same five spells?"
- Deconstructed: Emperor Evulz fights Alice enough to where he learns all of her moves, and absolutely curb-stomps her.
- Alice protects herself from eventual curb-stomping by using all of her moves creatively.
- Alice has the ability to gain power if someone else uses the same move as her.
When All You Have Is a Hammer, you have to go back to that trope.