: A character underestimates or is unaware of a Badass
- Straight: Alice is short and not very muscular, but when Bob attempts to rob her (assuming she's weak), she easily defeats him.
- Downplayed: When Bob attempts to rob Alex (assuming he's weaker), he easily defeats him with karate.
- Muscles Are Meaningless when you have skills.
- Alice is an undercover agent running a sting. Not only is she trained in martial arts she has six big mean cops with billy clubs waiting in the shadows behind her for would-be assailants.
- Subverted: Alice was only boasting about her strength. When Bob attempts to rob her, he succeeded.
- Double Subverted: He seemed to succeed, but Alice turned the tables around and defeated Bob in the end.
- Parodied: ???
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Averted: Alice isn't badass at all, and just as weak as she appears.
- Enforced: ???
- Lampshaded: "He looked so weak...but how can he beat me?"
- Invoked: Alice started learning karate, knowing even seemingly weak people have a chance to win a fight.
- Exploited: Alice robbed Bob back for extra pocket money.
- Defied: Alice got a muscular boyfriend to protect her instead.
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
- Implied:: Alice isn't shown to be badass on-screen, but Bob thought twice before going to the next victim.
Back to Underestimating Badassery