: Needlessly long, flashy change in appearance.
- Straight: Our heroine transforms into a Magical Girl with flashy clothes, saves the day, etc.
- Our heroine goes through a 10 minute Transformation Sequence, filled with sparkles, swirls, and light to turn into a goddess.
- The villain goes to a movie theater, and the heroine is just finishing when the film ends.
- Downplayed: Our heroine spins in place to change her costume.
- She must be another gender or species to use her powers.
- The transformation works as a Power Limiter to dissuade the heroine of abusing her power.
- The villain is the one with the overly-long and elaborate transformation sequence... Except it's creepy instead of flashy, and it turns him/her into an One-Winged Angel.
- Our heroine completes the transformation to battle-form in about a second, but goes through a flashy transformation sequence when she changes back to normal.
- Subverted: The transformation is a waste of time as she can use her powers at any time...
- Double Subverted: ...except for being properly dressed for battle within a second.
- Zig Zagged: ???
- The girl simply changes clothes like a normal person, no transformation.
- The transformation takes place in a flash of light that you can miss by blinking, no sequence necessary.
- Lampshaded: "Under different circumstances, I'd not hesitate to go and attack that girl!... But all that stuff she's doing is really mesmerizing"
- Invoked: A Magical Girl who doesn't quite know how to activate her powers tries yelling a catchphrase and doing a twirling jump into the air to see if she can make herself transform.
- Exploited: The transformation sequence is so distracting, that the heroine intentionally transforms in front of the villains to mess with their heads.
- "She's transforming! Now is our chance to kill her!"
- "She'll be at that for ten minutes! Grab the loot and hostages!"
- Discussed: "You know girl, it's not like I have all day, I've got kids at home and stuff to do. Could you just make it a bit quicker?"
: "This transformation sequence wouldn't bother me so much if it weren't so long!" Charlie
: "Hey! It's not that bad; I can even state two good reasons
that make it rock!" Bob
: "DUDE!! She's not even thirteen! What the hell, man?!" Charlie
: "Well, she doesn't look like thirteen
, so it's actually not creepy! ...Right?
- Well, they try to kill her... But a powerful barrier stops their attack and sends it back to them.
- She transforms outside the enemy lair then comes in transformed.
- While early transformations are horribly painful and violent, as she does this repeatedly her body adjusts and becomes stronger in her normal state while suffering less pain during the transformation. Eventually her two forms will be the same aside from activating her battle armor.
Back to Transformation Sequence