Page-bottom layout change on the way. Details here.
Causes no change to editing/formatting of articles. This is just FYI.
Playing With: Transformation Of The Possessed
: Demonic Possession
- Straight: Alex the ghost possesses Bob the human, Bob is transformed into Alex's likeness.
- Exaggerated: Alex the demon possesses Bob the human, Bob turns into a thing and is no longer remotely human.
- Downplayed: Alex the robot downloads itself into Bob, now Bob has nifty glowing hair.
- Justified: Alex the ghost needs the utility of a transformed Bob to complete a quest so that he can move on.
- Inverted: Bob remains unchanged, but Alex's ghost resembles Bob after leaving his body.
- Subverted: Bob is a mutant, so he would have changed anyway; Alex just acted as a catalyst.
- Double Subverted: ...except Bob changes in a different way than what his mutant powers normally entail.
- Parodied: Alice the ghost possesses Bob the Human, gender bending and awkwardness ensues. Bonus Points if the transformation also includes Bob's Clothes and other possessions.
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Bob is possessed, but no transformation happens.
- Or, no possession happens in the first place
- Enforced: Someone needed An Aesop inserted about becoming someone different if one isn't carefull.
- Lampshaded: "Bob looks...a little different! Fetch the exorcist!"
- Invoked: When dealing with forces beyond all mortal ken be sure to check the fine print and bring a mirror.
- Exploited: "Ooh let's Fusion Dance with the genie! Then we can fight crime!"
- Defied: "I brought the mirror and no there will be no improvements now give me what was promised."
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: "Betty switched minds with Veronica? Cool! Now they have each other's hair!"
- Deconstructed: Alex is exorcised from Bob, however as the transformation had ontological inertia Bob now looks like Alex permanently.
- Reconstructed: Bob was a transhumanist anyway and embraces the change in appearance and abilities.
Back to Transformation Of The Possessed