Playing With: Transformation Is a Free Action
Basic Trope: Nobody attacks something or someone during its Transformation Sequence.
Back to Transformation Is a Free Action
- Straight: Biunum the Magical Hexagon transforms into its Super Form in a Transformation Sequence lasting about half a minute. Dark Queen Vermilion's minion's don't attack Biunum during its transformation.
- Exaggerated: Biunum transforms into its Super Form in an elaborate sequence which lasts two minutes. During that time, a footage of Dark Queen Vermilion's minions is shown who stand still, looking at Biunum who transforms.
- Downplayed: Biunum the Magical Hexagon transforms into its super form in a Transformation Sequence, and the goons get closer but they don't attack.
- Biunum's Transformation Sequence uses some kind of magic which has a chance to cause a vacuum metastability event when disturbed, destroying the universe. Dark Queen Vermilion and her minions know this.
- Biunum's Transformation Sequence also generates some kind of Force Field, so attacking it would just be a waste of time and energy.
- Biunum's Transformation Sequence breaks the laws of physics in a way that renders it impossible for anyone else to move until it's done.
- Biunum's Transformation Sequence appears to others as a quick flash of light and energy and it's over, while only the audience and Biumum himself see the whole sequence in it's entirety.
- Biunum's Transformation Sequence never happened and was only shown for entertainment.
- Biunum's Transformation Sequence literally freezes time.
- Dark Queen Vermilion doesn't bother to attack Biunum until the sequence is complete, because it's a matter of honour.
- It's the first time Dark Queen Vermilion has seen Biunum's Transformation Sequence, so she's too surprised to act immediately.
- Inverted: Normally, nobody attacks Biunum the Magical Hexagon. During its Transformation Sequences, it becomes vulnerable and that's when Dark Queen Vermilion and her minions attack the hexagon.
- Subverted: Biunum is going through its normal Transformation Sequence. However, before it is able to complete the sequence, one of the Dark Queen's minions attacks Biunum...
- Double Subverted: ...but the attack is seconds too late, striking the Hexagon just as it completes the transformation. Which will just show how tough his Super Mode is.
- Parodied: Biunum is going through its Transformation Sequence. In the next shot, several of Queen Vermillion's henchmen say, "Umm, should we attack that hexagon?" and "Duuuuh".
- Zig Zagged: At first, minions used to stand still when Biunum transformed. Then they discovered that there is no danger attacking during transformation. Biunum trained hard to speed up its transformation, which now takes one millisecond.
- Averted: Biunum the Magical Hexagon can transform in an instant.
- Enforced: The production forbids anything looking loosely like an human to be involved in a fight. So everybody is left unharmed while they transform into something not human at all.
- Lampshaded: After Biunum completes its transformation, Biunum's companion R006T The Magical Sparkle comments "You should have attacked while Biunum was immobile and vulnerable".
- Invoked: Biunum constantly undergoes a Transformation Sequence between its normal and super form. Dark Queen Vermilion and his minions are powerless. R006T The Magical Sparkle uses it to finish the enemies off.
- Exploited: Biunum's companion R006T The Magical Sparkle is under attack by Dark Queen Vermilion's minions. Biunum undergoes Transformation Sequence into its Super Form. During this time, enemies stop attacking. R006T uses this moment to escape.
- Dark Queen Vermilion has given special orders to her minions to not stand still and actually do something when Biunum transforms, whether it be attacking or other mischief.
- Knowing that it's vulnerable while transforming, Biunum always transforms in a clear space before going into a dangerous situation.
- Discussed: "You know, if I was a Magical Girl, nobody would attack me when transforming! Seriously folks, that's just rude!"
- Conversed: "Every time we get sent out on a mission, Biunum finds us and transforms, and we can't do anything until he's done." "Frank asked Vermilion if we could attack him or maybe just loot the place while waiting." "Guess I'll ask what she said next time I see Frank." "Not likely; she incinerated him for implying she was making a mistake." "Ah."
- Deconstructed: Because of how long the transformation takes, Vermilion can have a small squad of mooks keep Biunum busy while her elites cause subtle mayhem elsewhere. The mooks are explicitly ordered not to attack Biunum while it's transforming, so it thinks it can take its time.
- After being attacked during its transformation and prevented from completing it, Biunum wises up and learns a technique that protects it during the transformation.
- Biunum is vulnerable during his transformation in the same way light is slower in water: and he doesn't need to stop fighting to activate it.
Back to Transformation Is a Free Action