: Character becomes more of a jerk over time.
- Straight: Leon starts out as an Aloof Ally, but he still clearly respects his True Companions. However, over time, he turns into an Insufferable Jerkass.
- Downplayed: Leon goes from a Nice Guy to a slightly irritable jerk.
- Justified: Leon's life has been falling apart and he's just stressed.
- Inverted: Took a Level in Kindness.
- Subverted: Leon suddenly acts like a total Jerkass, but in reality it's a defense mechanism because he's stressed out.
- Double Subverted: ...but then flips around and becomes a total douchebag.
- Parodied: Everyone refers to Leon being unusually nice while he's running around kicking hobos in the face For the Evulz. They keep on acting like he's being nice even when he sets a guy on fire for no reason.
- Zig Zagged: Depending on his mood, he's either a jerk or kind.
- Averted: Leon's characterization remains about the same. While he's still snarky, any time he goes too far such as making a crack about Bob's Doomed Hometown, he apologizes.
- Enforced: The creator of the series wants the fans to focus more on other characters, so he makes Leon just unlikeable.
- Lampshaded: Someone notes that Leon wasn't always this much of a jerk.
- Invoked: Jerkass Ball
- Exploited: The Big Bad knows Leon is The Chosen One and wants to make sure he stays a jerk so no one will support him on his journey.
- Defied: Even though Leon has some stress in his life, he makes sure not to take his anger out on anyone.
- Discussed: "Man, Leon's really turned into something else."
- Conversed: "Remember when Leon was a Nice Guy? No, neither do I."
- Reconstructed: Leon's friends help him get through these traumatizing experiences, letting him know that he isn't alone. This helps Leon pull himself back together.
Back to Took a Level in Jerkass