: Character becomes nicer over time.
- Straight: Bob used to be a Jerkass, but now he's a pretty nice guy..
- Exaggerated: Heel-Face Turn.
- Inverted: Took a Level in Jerkass.
- Double Subverted: ...But then then he discovers that Good Feels Good, and decides to be nicer to everyone.
- Parodied: ???
- Zig Zagged:
- Averted: Bob never becomes less of a Jerk Ass.
- Enforced: Circumstances outside of his control force Bob to be nicer than he usually is.
- Lampshaded: "Bob has gotten a lot nicer lately, hasn't he?"
- Invoked: Bob declares that he's going to start being nicer to people.
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: People keep expecting Bob to turn nicer eventually, but he never does.
- Discussed: "You know Bob, you've been acting a lot nicer lately."
- Conversed: ???
- Bob tries to be a nicer person, but can't manage to pull it off because nobody will forgive him for being a jerk in the past.
- Bob tries to be better person, only to discover that Humans Are Bastards, and trying to be nice makes him vulnerable.
- Reconstructed: However, despite all his problems Bob persists in trying to be a better person, and eventually succeeds.
Back to Took a Level in Kindness
, if it's not too much trouble...