: A Tomboy
wears her hair in a ponytail.
- Straight: Bobbi, the resident Action Girl, wears her hair up in a ponytail, unlike her best friend, the Magical Girl Alice, who wears it down.
- Exaggerated: All tomboys wear their hair up.
- Downplayed: Bobbi only puts her hair up when she's working. The rest of the time, it's down.
- Justified: Bobbi has to keep her hair up because it gets in her face and she hates that, either because she eschews anything and everything feminine or it distracts her from when she does tomboyish activities (sports, fighting, etc).
- Inverted: Bobbi is a tomboy who wears her hair down while her more feminine friend (or sister) Alice wears her hair up.
- Double Subverted:
- ...but that was only because she was attending a formal dress party (probably against her will) and needed to look elegant. The second the party is over, her hair is back to normal.
- Bobbi's masculinity is mostly genuine even if she likes some girly stuff.
- Pamela being a girly girl is the real ploy. Pamela is a lot more like her other identity, Bobbi and will occasionally slip up reveal her more masculine side.
- Zig Zagged: The way Bobbi wears her hair varies from episode to episode.
- Averted: Bobbi doesn't wear her hair in a ponytail.
- Enforced: "Hey, let's introduce a Tomboy. She should have her hair in a ponytail. That's what tomboys do in real life, right?"
: This is Bobbi. Carl
: Nice ponytail. Bobbi
: Thanks. It's very practical for when I'm kicking people's asses, saving the world, or playing football.
- Invoked: Bobbi realizes she needs to put her hair up in order to see properly, since she can't cut her hair at the moment.
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: "I hate the way ponytails look— I'll just get a haircut!"
- Discussed: "Have you ever noticed that all the tomboys we meet have their hair the same way as Bobbi?"
- Conversed: "Why is it that all tomboys wear their hair in a ponytail on TV?"
Back to Tomboyish Ponytail