: Two sisters, divided into The Popular One and The Smart One, who are constantly verbally sparring and arguing with each other due to their differences.
- Straight: Rita is a peppy, pretty, popular girl. Her sister Rachel is sarcastic, somewhat shy and very sharp, but not nearly as popular as her sister. The two of them clash with each other a lot.
- Exaggerated: Rita's one of the most popular girls in school, possibly the Alpha Bitch, while Rachel is a social outcast.
- Downplayed: ???
- Justified: Rita and Rachel used to be close, but ever since Rita discovered social life and boys, she hasn't spent as much time with Rachel.
- Rita and Rachel are identical twins, whose popularity and intelligence are as close to equal as can be expected, and they still natter incessantly.
- They get along ridiculously well, even when discord would be expected.
- Subverted: Rita and Rachel bicker for a while, then smile and hug unexpectedly.
- Double Subverted: ...and then go right back to arguing.
- Parodied: Their rivalry escalates, bringing in all their close friends, until a Civil War breaks out in their universe.
- Zig Zagged: Rita and Rachel bounce back and forth between sisterly love and pointless bickering, sometimes within the same conversation.
- Averted: Rita and Rachel respect each other despite their differences.
- Enforced: The story has no antagonist, so the conflict has to come from somewhere, right?
- Lampshaded: "Hey, girls. What insignificant matter are you nattering over today?"
- Invoked: The Alpha Bitch sees fit to ruin Rachel's life, so she turns Rita against her.
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: Rita goes out of her way to keep her relationship with Rachel healthy.
- Discussed: "I think this was one of our best fights ever, sis!" "I disagree."
- Conversed: "Sisters in sitcoms never seem to really like each other, do they?"
- Deconstructed: The 'glorious' conflict between them creates a rift that lasts well into adulthood, emotionally crippling both girls and leaving them barely able to acknowledge each other as family.
- Reconstructed: Their extremely competitive nature pushes them to excel in every area of their lives. This causes them to have a healthy respect for one another while still being rivals.
- Played For Laughs: The girls' rivalry drives them to slaps in the face, punches in the gut, and pokes in the eye.
- Played For Drama: Emotion clouds the girls' judgment, as they plot to kill each other.
Back to The Glorious War of Sisterly Rivalry